Subject: Re: Clueless subscribers?
From: Alan Deikman <alan @ znyx . com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 10:38:24 -0800
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 05:37 AM 11/27/97 +0000, the following was written by jonathon...

>	Is this degree of cluelessness something that _might_ be
>	specific to the lists I run, or is it a general phenomena?

>From Paul Allen Rice:

><rant>
>
>If anyone comes up with the solution, please CC it to my address????  Thanks.
>
></rant>

I kinda hate to point out the obvious, but has it ever occurred
to either of you that you are in the wrong vocation/hobby/profession
(whatever word applies) if this sort of thing bothers you?

Whine whine whine.  Have you ever seen what airline gate agents
put up with?  Telephone operators?  Traffic cops?  ANYONE who
deals with the public on a regular basis?  Most of these people
would sneer at what you seem to consider a major tribulation.
And you don't even have to deal with halitosis.

Kitchen --> Heat.  Out of Kitchen --> No Heat.   Seems simple
to me.  So who is clueless?

Yes, the appalling lack of literacy of the dear public is a
generally known phenomenon.  I read that more than 50% of
Americans cannot  address a letter properly, and cannot
identify what state they live in when given a map without
labeling.  It's not surprising, jonathon, that they don't
read your clearly worded instructions.

Face it, boys, the reason you are running mailing lists is
that you wanted to be the center/master/controller/authority
of whatever topic you happened to grab onto.  I know you're not
getting paid, but you don't have to do it either.  I'll bet
you can find dozens that will take over your lists for you
if it is too much of a burden.  Otherwise, just consider it
part of the overhead involved.

  Alan Deikman, ZNYX Corporation
  alan @
 znyx .
 com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Clueless subscribers?