Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 1997)

Subject: Looking for a Mj dashboard from a Mac
From: Mark Rauterkus <mrauterkus @ sportsurf . net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 97 11:42:25 -0000
To: <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

Hi,

Anyone have a freeware/shareware Mac-based front end to Majordomo for
list creation/administration stuff? I'm looking for a desktop application
that can streamline my efforts with the UNIX server, perhaps handling
some of the FTPing, etc.

I'm managing MJ services from a 28.8 modem desktop -- but the MJ resides
on a full-time UNIX virtual host. I do like Majorcool and MailServ, but
I'm looking for off-line stuff.

Perhaps I should build an intranet and plug in a mail-server to batch
mail actions and mirror?

I'm aware of SMARTBOUNCE that can come on a Mac (plus other flavors) and
it covers part of the chore.

I'd like to create lists, create new alais files, change info messages,
change list headers/footers, change passwords, have a check-list of
options, flip lists between moderated to unmoderated, even have a
counting record that lists # of subscribers, # of messages, most recent
message, etc.

Pointers, advice, welcomed.

Mark Rauterkus, Publisher, S.S.S.         http://www.sportsurf.net

mrauterkus @
 sportsurf .
 net           http://www.SportSurf.Net/FootNotes

FootNotes: Mac E-book authoring and distribution environment with
built-in multi-media, lan, web, internet and e-mail capabilities.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Searching through mail archives and fighting spam...