Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 1997)

Subject: Re: LPC @ LF . net / tpcspool ?
From: Gordon Burns <gordon @ silverquick . com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 14:01:00 +0100
To: Jeroen Schipper <Jeroen . Schipper @ let . ruu . nl>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

This is an email to fax service.

http://www.tpc.int/tpcfaq.html

Someone has subscribed a forward mail address to a fax machine it
may be that some poor recipient is getting his fax machine
cluttered up with your list messages without knowing here they are
coming from.

If you are getting fails for only some messages it may be that it
has exceed the limit of faxes to that number in the time period. eg
25 in one hour.

Gordon Burns

At 13:49 04/08/97 +0200 Jeroen Schipper said....

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone on this list recognize this?
>
> ~From: tpc @
 LF .
 net
> ~To: freaks @
 ax .
 com
> ~Cc: tpcspool @
 LF .
 net
> ~Subject: access denied for ID <199708040915 .
 CAA14296 @
 odin .
 ax .
 com>  from
> ~495113360956
>
>     Your access to the remote printer server was denied.  To discuss why,
>     and for possible restoration of access, please reply to this message.
>
>I get a couple of those everyday mailed to my mailinglist address (1500+),
>each time a digest comes out. It seems like someone automatically forwards
>the digest to some remote printer. I filter them out, of course.
>
>I have talked to the people @lf.net a couple of times and they simply tell
>me to remove "tpc @
 lf .
 net" from the subscriber-base. Of course, it isn't
>there. I asked on the list but no replies... I did more research, but
>nothing. Can't seem to get rid of it.
>
>Does anyone have similiar experiences? What to do about it? This is going
>on for months now and I'm getting tired of it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeroen
>
>--
>:: Jeroen .