Subject: FindMail Communications (fwd)
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 15:53:56 -0800
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I just got this and thought I'd share it with everyone, in case
you feel the same way that I do:

Scott Hassan, a.k.a. "FindMail Communications", wrote:
>Kynn Bartlett writes:
>> I'm not asking twice.  All lists at idyllmtn.com are completely
>> offlimits to findmail.com, and that certainly includes the
>> dcu-present mailing list.
>
>I am so sorry.  I thought idyllmtn.com was the first entry into our
>"don't archive" list.  :)  But I just checked and it was not there.
>I have just added idyllmtn.com to this list.  FindMail will not try to
>subscribe to any of lists on idyllmtn.com until further notice.

So, in other words, if you don't want findmail.com archiving your
lists, write to Mr. Hassan (postmaster @
 findmail .
 com seemed to work
for me) and tell him to add you to the same list as idyllmtn.com.

Maybe if enough domains end up on that list, he'll reconsider the
wisdom of this "service" that he's offering for the "historical
education" of the internet community.

If you don't feel the way I do, well, feel free to ignore this
message entirely.

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\           Kynn Bartlett / kynn @
 idyllmtn .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: findmail.com