Subject: Stripping mail-list footers
From: "Lazlo Nibble" <lazlo @ swcp . com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 13:56:05 -0700 (MST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com (lm)

> They're also generally still hanging on the end of replies
> to list mail, so it'd be nice to strip them off in reply form as well.

I'm thinking about kicking postings that include quoted footers in replies
back to the person posting them, but I'm not sure how it would go over.
My list guidelines ask people to edit down quoted replies, and if the footer
is quoted in there it's a pretty safe bet that they haven't done that.

--
::: Lazlo (lazlo @
 swcp .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Stripping mail-list footers