Subject: Possible Spam heads up
From: Randy Cassingham <arcie @ netcom . com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 17:24:32 -0700 (MST)
To: List Managers List <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

The following address...

	ISINFO @
 EMAILPROMO .
 COM

Subbed through many, possibly all, lists on Netcom.

Looks pretty suspicious.  Don't know if the next message was a "who"
(Netcom's Majordomo STILL allows open WHOs).

FYI, last week in my column, I added a major anti-spam (and chain mail and
"Virus Warning") rant to my column as a long author's note.  It's
generated a LOT of positive comment.  If you're interested in getting a
copy of it, Databack.com has donated an autoresponder for a stand-alone
version of the rant (i.e., not a copy of my column): hit
nospam @
 mailback .
 com for a copy.

 /  Randy Cassingham  *  Author, "This is True"  *  arcie @