Subject: bogus subscribers from Taiwon?
From: "Eric J. Hansen" <eric @ worldmachine . com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 18:33:31 -0500 (EST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hi,

I just noticed the following stack of addresses on one of my lists:

s04152 @
 cc .
 ntnu .
 edu .
 tw
s14039 @
 cc .
 ntnu .
 edu .
 tw
s14102 @
 cc .
 ntnu .
 edu .
 tw
s21486 @
 cc .
 ntnu .
 edu .
 tw
s14116 @
 cc .
 ntnu .
 edu .
 tw
s14020 @
 cc .
 ntnu .
 edu .
 tw
s21472 @
 cc .
 ntnu .
 edu .
 tw

They are all valid email addresses, and were subscribed by the "address"
themselves (i.e., as opposed to subscription via a WWW interface, which
I also allow, and tracked via the originating IP).  I haven't heard a
peep from any of these subscribers, so this is possibly a set of forged
addresses.  Has anyone else seen these (or similar addresses from this
host?)

Regards,
Eric

--
Eric J. Hansen ................................. mailto:eric @
 worldmachine .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: FindMail.Com?