From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 96 15:05:24 EST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Cindy Stanley:
> I've heard some of you mention that you run mailing lists with
> *thousands* of subscribers.  What kinds of lists are these that would
> attract such a huge subscribership?  How long have they been up and
> running?

Technical in nature, in this case. Currently 391 individual msg and 1962
digest subscribers. Traffic runs from 10-40 msgs/day (more on weekdays, less
on weekends). Digests go out daily and run up to 50k each (again, depending
on traffic).

Running since 14 Feb 91, using the lists channel function in mmdf and
maintaining the subscription files by hand (call me a masochist, I don't
care:-}).

                  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
                      <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil>
          http://k-whiner.pica.army.mil/info-labview/info-labview.html

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Large Mailing Lists