Subject: Re: Lyris
From: Eric Thomas <ERIC @ VM . SE . LSOFT . COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 11:31:53 +0100
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, Roger Fajman <RAF @ CU . NIH . GOV>

On Thu, 05 Dec 1996 18:43:02 EST Roger Fajman <RAF @
 CU .
 NIH .
 GOV> said:

>Eric said that aggregation does  not matter for LAN-based email systems.
>I have to disagree. It certainly does matter for Microsoft Mail.

Right, what I meant is that aggregation  is not necessary in that case as
a  method for  allowing the  MTA serving  the lists  to reach  sufficient
throughput, because  the limiting factor is  the speed of the  handful of
gateways that  the messages  have to  go through  in a  typical corporate
setup. Some gateways may process aggregated messages faster, for instance
because they only support one connection :-)

  Eric

Indexed By Date Previous: re: Lyris