Subject: changing the To: field
From: Todd Kover <kovert @ umiacs . umd . edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 11:41:16 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

[ not quoting any previous text because I've long since deleted the
messages about it.  :-) ]

One other big reason (that I hadn't seen yet) that argues strongly for
not changing the 'To:' field of messages to that of the user that mail
is being delivered for, is that it greatly increases the chances that
vacation will start replying to messages letting people know that the
user isn't around.

This likely can add a considerable extra hassle to the list manager's
life.

-Todd

--
Todd Kover                 //  --o--