Subject: Re: Lyris
From: jms @ tardis . Tymnet . COM (Joe Smith)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 96 16:44:56 PST
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

>> If you wish to do address detection, put it in a user-defined header.
>
> Can't the savvy user just look through the 'Received' headers to find
> the lines that contain the "for" value.  That's where I would look for
> the address the delivery was to.

That only works if there is a single recipient on the destination machine.

When a single mail message is sent to user1 @
 host .
 com and user2 @
 host .
 com, the
'Received' headers will NOT have a 'for' line.  This is true even when one of
the users is included as part of a Bcc list,

This misfeature makes it difficult for a POP client to reliably reroute
messages that got dumped into a single mailbox.
	-Joe

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: "Re[6]: subject"