Subject: subscribing to many lists
From: Randy Cassingham <arcie @ netcom . com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 13:12:16 -0700 (MST)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 28 Nov 1996, List-Managers-Digest wrote:

> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 09:08:32 -0700 (MST)
> From: "Lazlo Nibble" <lazlo @
 swcp .
 com>
> Subject: slcb1bbs @
 juno .
 com

> Don't allow this address onto your lists if you can help it -- they're
> subscribing to mailing lists so they can spam them.

This is the second posting like this is the last couple of days, each with
a similar comment.

It is NOT my experience that the charge made is true.  Rather, most of
these people are poor schmucks who are being mailbombed by bozos who use
OUR resources to hassle others.  They forge the return line in order to
sign some hapless victim up for as many lists as possible, so the poor
slob has to abandon his address in order to get anything done.  To then
slander them with "spammer" accusations adds insult to injury.

 /  Randy Cassingham  *  Author, "This is True"  *  arcie @
 netcom .
 com  \
 | For info on What I Do, send a blank e-mail to TrueInfo @
 freecom .
 com |
 \ or check out <http://www.freecom.com/> * I promise you'll like it  /

Indexed By Date Previous: list performance metrics