Subject: Re: Turning off EXPN (and VRFY) for Majordomo security concern
From: "Randall S. Winchester" <rsw @ Glue . umd . edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 13:30:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: Brock Rozen <brozen @ webdreams . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM, majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I use sendmail's m4 file to build my sendmail.cf files. If you add:
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', ``authwarnings,noexpn,novrfy,restrictqrun'')dnl

to your .mc files it should do the trick. If you are a hand editor, then
just add/change this line from your sendmail.cf file and restart sendmail.

# privacy flags
Opauthwarnings,noexpn,novrfy,restrictqrun

Note: You only need to add "noexpn,novrfy". I hope that is obvious.

Randall