Subject: Re: spam list exists -- stop the spam alerts!!
From: Michelle Murrain <mpmNS @ hamp . hampshire . edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 11:50:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 1:00 AM -0700 9/30/96,"Brian J. Murrell" <brian @
 ilinx .
 com> writes:

>OK.  Since there is a "spam list" can we officially ban the "spam alert"
>postings to List-Managers??  Please??  I want to participate in a list
>about running lists without all the spam alerts.  Spam alerts seem to have
>overtaken the discussions on this fine (was and could be) list.
>
>Can we have a consensus??

Well I certainly will join the consensus on this one. I own 3 lists, and
have yet to have one spam attack (although I've been spammed PLENTY on my
personal addresses). If you need to deal with spam, join the spam list.

				Michelle

P.S. maybe it's time for a periodic posting, including the basic policies
of the list, and useful URLs and addresses for FAQs and related lists.

Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.             mpmNS @
 hamp .
 hampshire .
 edu
Home page URL -> http://persephone.hampshire.edu/~mpm
Minority Health listowner (minhlth-request @
 persephone .
 hampshire .
 edu)
Health Matrix listowner (hmatrix-l-request @
 persephone .
 hampshire .
 edu)
sci.med.aids FAQ maintainer/co-moderator
(http://persephone.hampshire.edu/aids/aidsfaq.html)

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re:spam list exists -- stop the spam alerts!!