Subject: non-responsive managers
From: randy @ psg . com (Randy Bush)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 96 04:56 PDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I run the email to fax gateway for the +1-800 area (http://www.tpc.int/).
Weenie perps subscribe 800 numbers to mailing lists, mostly at Cornell,
Brown, and Buffalo.  The gate allows me to filter the traffic out.  But ...

  o at some true BITNET LISTSERV sites, the replies go to owner-foo-l and
    are bounced as the address is more than eight characters.

  o so i write to postmaster and get no response.

  o i write to the domain contacts from whois.

  o maybe 70% of them reply.  they say they will get the attention of the
    list owner.

  o nothing ever happens.

  o i contact the domain contact once again.  still nothing.

  o i continue to get rebounces.

  o i set up procmail filters for the rebounces.

  o it gets worse and worse.

  o i direct the procmail filters to send the rebounces to the domain
    contacts from whois.

  o nothing ever gets done.

This just ain't the net I used to know.  What the heck do I do?  More and
more procmail filters?  This is disgusting.

randy

Indexed By Date Previous: spam list exists -- stop the spam alerts!!