Subject: Limit of 10 recipients? (fwd)
From: Wilson Smith <neslon @ panix . com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 16:17:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: eraab @ IOS . COM
Cc: postmaster @ IOS . COM, postmaster @ idt . net, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 18:04:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Wilson Smith <neslon @
 panix .
 com>
To: postmaster @
 idt .
 net
Subject: Limit of 10 recipients?

Hi,

I'm list manager for the MONEY Daily, a daily electronic mailing
list sent to close to 30,000 subscribers, each of whom has
specifically requested the Daily by sending a "subscribe"
message to our list processor software.

Recently mail sent to IDT subscribers has started to bounce with
the message "SORRY, TOO MANY RECIPIENTS (10 MAX)."

Do you realize that your system is configured this way? Is this
intentional? You are the only ISP I'm aware that's set up this
way.

Thanks for your prompt response!

Wilson

Wilson Smith, MONEY Technology

------------------

Since I sent that message, we've started getting bounces saying
that *20* is the maximum; I REALLY don't think this is the way to
handle this, although I can't even be sure that this is
intentional and not just a continuing misconfiguration at IDT: no
one replied to my earlier message.

Please let me know how you plan to accomodate those customers
of yours who want to receive the Money Daily.

Thank you,

Wilson Smith, MONEY Technology

Indexed By Date Previous: Encrypted lists