Subject: Re: interramp harbouring spammers
From: "Henry W. Miller" <henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 01:40:33 PDT
To: mtaylor @ interramp . com
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov

> From:	MX%"mtaylor @
 interramp .
 com" 24-SEP-1996 01:27:52.00
> Subj:	Re: interramp harbouring spammers

> >The problem is growing, it seems that at least one out of every 3
> >spams I receive comes from Interramp, that from the message ID, rather
> >than the return addresses.
>
> Also because of the transition from PSI (Interramp and Pipeline) to
> Mindspring, Interramp is effectively non responsive at this point to any
> complaints.  I have received tons of junk from interramp accounts lately
> but they are not doing anything about it.  Additionally service is rapidly
> deteriorating as well (servers going up  and down constantly).
>
> The other place I have been seeing tons of junk has been coming from Juno.
> A lot of spammers use it to remail.  A few use fake id's from Juno.  Juno
> will not take direct responsibility as a remailer and asks that you forward
> a complaint to the appropriate internet provider.  Lately Juno has more
> spams lately than Interramp (at least it seems that way to me!)

Mark,

	This makes sense, in a perverse sort of way: as I understand it,
juno GIVES free email access to it's "subscribers", as then get
advertisements thownr at them every few seconds, or so I'm told.  I
guess that they figure turn about is fair play...

> Mark Taylor
> Editor,
> Online Fraud Newsletter (monthly)
> Fraud News Report (weekly)
> Consumer Alert News (weekly)

-HWM

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: interramp harbouring spammers