Subject: Re: interramp harbouring spammers
From: "Mark E. Taylor" <mtaylor @ interramp . com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 23:21:40 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

>The problem is growing, it seems that at least one out of every 3
>spams I receive comes from Interramp, that from the message ID, rather
>than the return addresses.

Also because of the transition from PSI (Interramp and Pipeline) to
Mindspring, Interramp is effectively non responsive at this point to any
complaints.  I have received tons of junk from interramp accounts lately
but they are not doing anything about it.  Additionally service is rapidly
deteriorating as well (servers going up  and down constantly).

The other place I have been seeing tons of junk has been coming from Juno.
A lot of spammers use it to remail.  A few use fake id's from Juno.  Juno
will not take direct responsibility as a remailer and asks that you forward
a complaint to the appropriate internet provider.  Lately Juno has more
spams lately than Interramp (at least it seems that way to me!)

Mark Taylor
Editor,
Online Fraud Newsletter (monthly)
Fraud News Report (weekly)