Subject: Re: spam from Smith Barney
From: kieran @ interport . net
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 00:15:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> Two of my mailing lists received this today. Anyone else?
>
> > >From Howard_Marsh @
 smb .
 com  Mon Sep 16 18:45:09 1996

Yes, one of my lists did as well; luckily it was caught since the list is
suscriber-post-only. It's so bizarre, though, that I don't know how to
deal with it. The "how to unsubscribe" rules at the bottom are so
inscrutable and rudely designed that I want to believe this is just
classic spam, but then I can't understand why it would come from _Smith
Barney_, a large more-or-less reputable company that you think would know
better than to do something like this.

If anyone learns anything more about this, please do post.

--Aaron