From: Harald . T . Alvestrand @ uninett . no
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:13:57 +0200
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Here's an argument for switching dead or nearly-dead mailing lists
that you don't want to delete for some reason from automatic processing
to MANUAL (as in "-request goes to a human only") processing.

When I did "finger" on this address, it gave back:

[reference.com]
Login       Name               TTY         Idle    When    Where
mldmail  Mailing-list Discove  pts/18       <Sep 18 17:03>

It's nice to know when someone is trolling your mailing lists.

               Harald T. Alvestrand

(no, I'm not a list-managers member. I didn't manage to stay abreast
of the flood. But it seemed the appropriate forum.)