Subject: Any advice?
From: "Lazlo Nibble" <lazlo @ swcp . com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 08:54:33 -0600 (MDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com (lm)

> Are there any ways we can do mass mailings to your lists without violating
> your rules?

No.  These postings would be a clear violation of the list charters.

> Are there any ways a legitimate enterprise can recruit members or make
> itself known through your lists?

Not unless the "enterprise" has something to do with the topic(s) of the
list(s).

> If we first ask you as list-managers to approve a mass mailing to your list,
> would you consider doing so?

No.  My lists are for discussion of specific chartered topics, not for
membership trolls for other unrelated lists.  If you have a mailing list
that's related to the topics of my lists somehow, you'd be welcome to use
my lists to let people know about it.  This doesn't sound like it
qualifies.

--
::: Lazlo (lazlo @
 swcp .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Any advice?