Subject: Terms of Service
From: james @ sagarmatha . com (James C. Armstrong)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 17:53:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

a terms of service document that applies to all my mailing lists.
I am copying it here, FYI.

If you'd like to base a terms of service for your lists on the one I've
written, please feel free.

		TERMS OF SERVICE FOR SAGARMATHA MAILING LISTS

Advertising, and unsolicited advertising in particular, have recently
become much more common on the Internet.  Mailing lists are among the
many targets of advertising.  I have endeavored to keep this mailing
list free of advertising, and to date have done a reasonable job.
Among the protections are making the lists available only to
subscribers from their subscribed addresses, and watching subscription
requests to screen out email spammers.  As this may not be enough in
the future, I've decided to write the following terms of service for
all mailing lists maintained here.  Your reading these terms of
service, and remaining subscribed to the lists shall be considered
your consent to abide by these terms of service.

(1)  Commercial Advertising is explicitly forbidden on mailing lists
distributed from this site.

The only exceptions are:

(a)  Commercial advertising in Follow, Follow that has been approved
by Mark Dingwall, the editor.

(b)  Commercial advertising that is explicitly approved, in writing,
by James C. Armstrong, Jr, the site administrator at sagarmatha.

Commercial advertising is defined as advertising on direct behalf of a
business or businesses.  It is also third party advertising,
multi-level marketing, and other get rich quick schemes.  Personal
advertising for spare tickets to athletic events, etc, is not
forbidden by this rule.

If you violate this rule, you will be billed a $50 fee plus $5 per
address on the mailing list.  You will also be unsubscribed and placed
on a permanent blacklist for mailing lists at this site.  Fail to pay
and you will be sued in California Court.  The laws of the State of
California will be applied.

If you have any questions concerning these terms of service, please
feel free to drop me a line at james @
 sagarmatha .
 com .

--
James C. Armstrong, Jr.      | It's time to taste what you most fear
james @
                             | Brace yourself, my dear!
                             | It's a holiday in Cambodia!

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Subject Titles