Subject: Re: Jodge orders AOL to allow junk email...
From: woods @ ucar . edu (Greg Woods)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 96 8:50:10 MDT
To: ERIC @ VM . SE . LSOFT . COM (Eric Thomas)
Cc: stanr @ sunspot . tiac . net, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> What you would say if  MSN did not accept
> e-mail from companies selling products  that compete with MS's? Would you
> still say they never agreed to accept this mail in the first place?

Yes, I would. Nobody should be forced to accept *anything* and they should
be free to use whatever criteria they like to decide what to accept and
what not to. If MSN did adopt a policy like this, then MSN users who did
not like the policy would be well advised to find a different service
provider.

If they were rejecting mail on the sly without telling their users about
that policy, that would be a different matter.

--Greg