Subject: Re: list command/.sigs
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 11:06:33 -0300 (ADT)
To: kynn @ idyllmtn . com (Kynn Bartlett)
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM (List Managers)

>At 08:17 AM 9/6/96 -0300, Bill Silvert wrote:
>>If you re-read the message, you will see that the which command doesn't
>>help (unless you want to try to guess at every possible address, which
>>isn't always easy when administrators keep playing games with your
>>gateway).
>
>Eh?  If your administrators change your gateway, just send something
>like:
>
>'which dfo'
>
>or
>
>'which bill'

Uh huh. Two problems with this. First, it generates a hell of a lot of
output to search through (I just tried it on my own site, and got almost
300 addresses back). Second, which is a protty good alternative to
lists, and if you are serious about turning off the lists command, you
really should permit the which command.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Judge orders online service to stop blocking 'junk' mail