Subject: Re: Judge orders online service to stop blocking 'junk' mail
From: james @ sagarmatha . com (James C. Armstrong)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 17:44:33 -0700 (PDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

According to unnamed sources, Fred M. Waid is alleged to have written
=> PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (Sep 6, 1996 12:23 p.m. EDT) -- A federal judge has =
=> ordered America Online to stop blocking up to 1.8 million "junk" e-mail =
=> files flooding subscribers' electronic mailboxes daily from a =
=> Philadelphia marketing firm.
=>
=> AOL, the nation's largest provider of online services, announced =
=> Wednesday that it had blocked five sites that serve as clearinghouses =
=> for unsolicited, commercial mailings.
=>
=> Pending a trial tentatively scheduled for Nov. 12, U.S. District Judge =
=> Charles R. Weiner ordered AOL Thursday to lift the block on Cyber =
=> Promotions' mailings. Weiner is presiding over a suit Cyber Promotions =
=> Inc. filed accusing AOL of trying to drive it out of business.

Does anyone know how to file an amicus curia brief?

--
James C. Armstrong, Jr.      | It's time to taste what you most fear
james @