Subject: Re: Jodge orders AOL to allow junk email...
From: "Siberia" <klong @ spiralnet . com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 20:03:08 -0600
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Comments: Authenticated sender is <klong @ spiralnet . com>

I think that they are getting ready to address this issue.  Below is
an excerpt from their press release dated 9/4/96 of which the full
text is available at http://www.aol.com/about/press/1996/960904e.txt

    In addition, later this month AOL will release a new feature
    that will assist the individual member to customize their email
    and refuse mass mailings.  Currently, members can forward junk
    email to a representative of AOL's Terms of Service department or
    simply hit the "ignore" button at the bottom of the list of new
    mail.

On  7 Sep 96 at 1:57, Eric Thomas wrote:

>[...]
> Solution  1 is  to offer  AOL customers  the ability  to block  mail from
> certain companies, and then provide a  clickomatic way for an AOL user to
> say "I  never want to  see mail from this  company again" when  reading a
> spam.  Then the  user  expresses a  desire not  to  communicate with  the
> companies in  question and that's  too bad for  the spam factory.
[...]
--
Namaste'

Kimberly Long
Houston, Texas
mailto:klong @
 spiralnet .
 com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Jodge orders AOL to allow junk email...