Subject: Re: Signature Line Policies??
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 09:25:22 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 03:23 AM 9/4/96 -0700, Cyndi Norman wrote:
>Alan, thanks for putting the problem so sucintly.  I deal with it by
>banning all advertisment (well, I have a file on the webpage stating
>exactly what I mean by that) and I make it clear that .sigs count as
>advertising.   When I subscribe people, I comment on their .sigs if I think
>they will be a problem and tell them they are welcome to read posts if they
>are a commercial entity but that ads are not allowed should they choose to
>post.

The HTML Writers Guild bans commercial advertisements but does allow members
to do whatever they like in their signature files.  If, however, a list
user has an excessively long sig, they get contacted by a friendly List
Guide who tries to get them to change.

--Kynn Bartlett, Mailing List Manager, HTML Writers Guild

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\          Kynn Bartlett / kynn @
 idyllmtn .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: list command/.sigs