Subject: Is the list command legit?
From: Paul E Kayak <edit @ bluemarble . net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 19:50:04 -0500 (EST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: lazlo @ swep . com

Reading your reply, Aug 30, to the ocean-scientist....

I take it that you can draw the line (for a person keeping an "unlisted
number") at whether someone will take the time to type out a subscribe-me
command, joining temporarily?

Am looking for a wall more solid than that.  Data entry workers can be
hired to go through, copying lists two or three a minute - if they get the
knack, making up commercial/mailing (post office junk) lists.  For
example.  We want to put dampers on the quick-scan business, I think.

Another 2 cents.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: raphael @ harborside . com