Subject: Re: Illegitimate information posting! [comments]
From: meo @ schoneal . com (Miles O'Neal)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 07:57:43 -0500 (CDT)
To: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Bill Silvert said...

|What concerns me far more is the attitude
|expressed by many list owners that people who don't respect their
|personal philosophies of list management are intrinsically evil.

That pretty well sums up my frustrations with the
discussion.  That and the fact that it's a moving
target.  Some of us keep hopping back and forth
between the specific instance and the general case
as if they were interchangeable, when the whole
point (for others of us) is that this *instance*
is neither typical spamming nor necessarily evil.

Please note that I say "us" n both cases, because
regardless of our feelings about this case, or about
list/who commands, we are still a community of
list-managers with a lot to offer each other.
Religious wars tend to be detrimental to the health
of all involved, and I'd hate to see this turn into
one.

That said, if my sarcasm has offended anyone, I
apologize - my intent was to inject a bit of humor
and perspective, not antagonize or put down...

-Miles