Subject: Re: Is the lists command legit
From: Danny Lieberman <dfl @ panix . com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 18:58:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Just saw this thread and I need to make a couple of points on this,
as subscribers to my "private" list were spammed repeatedly by someone
who used just this tack - pulling the subscriber file for my list,
under a bogus address.  In fact I didn't know I could have the
command blocked until I contacted my service provider, after the fact.

Having done so the subscribers are safer, but the damage was already
done.

--

Danny Lieberman
dfl @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Is the lists command legit