Subject: Re: Is the lists command legit?
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 09:09:32 -0700
To: Dave Bigham <dbigham @ cantec . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 12:35 AM 9/2/96 -0400, Dave Bigham wrote:
>I don't see much difference between the above  example and an instance of my
>car breaking down in San Francisco (I live in Ohio), and my looking up
>Mechanics in the Yellow Pages. In this instance I am "talking about
>contacting individuals at random simply based on their presence" in the
>Yellow Pages.

Except that's what yellow pages are for -- looking up phone numbers.
Mailing lists are generally not a way for people who aren't on the lists
to get your email address -- they serve a different purpose.

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\          Kynn Bartlett / kynn @
 idyllmtn .

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Spam Alert! ==Solve your Financial Problems== - $$$.zip (0/1)