Subject: Re: Sendmail
From: Stan Ryckman <stanr @ sunspot . tiac . net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 22:54:24 -0400 (EDT)
To: marym @ Finesse . COM (Mary Morris)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> Hi
>
> I'm not a sendmail professional with umpteen years of experience
> under my belt. However, I would like to gracefully refuse
> email from particular parties and/or domains. I use standard
> sendmail that comes with Solaris.
>
> Can anyone point me to a good resource to learn about this?

Not clear from your post whether you want to do this from your
account or at a system level.

Check out procmail.  Even if sendmail delivers your mail, you
can have it forwarded through procmail, which will give you
incredible numbers of options.  I use it to do very complicated
mail sorting here.

If you're a system administrator, then you could consider running
procmail *instead* of sendmail; it can do that as well.

Hope that helps,
Stan.