Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1996)

Subject: Re: List-Managers-Digest V5 #16
From: Brock Rozen <brozen @ netvoyage . net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 15:34:58 -0800 (PST)
To: Billy Harvey <HarveyW @ wpc . af . mil>
Cc: List Managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Billy Harvey wrote:

> A mailing list I'm on recently started adding the following in the headers:

I'm the list-manager for about 14 lists and we have two additional
headers on ALL the messages that we send out.

PG-Header: <snip - something about writing to learn @
 torah .
 org>
PG-Help: Please send mail to gabbai @
 torah .
 org for subscription assistance.

Two simple lines and since we placed them in a few months ago the
gabbai @
 torah .
 org address has been used TREMENDOUSLY...When they write to
this address they receive an auto-reply message that is fairly long but
tells them how to subscribe to any list, unsubscribe or change their
subscription address.

Don't forget that if it is a non-standard header that some mail programs
will NOT automatically show it (like PINE) unless the person requests
extended headers. Some programs will always show it...

My personal message contain an X-URL  header for anybody that looks...

 | Brock Rozen | brozen @
 netvoyage .
 net | http://www.netvoyage.net/~brozen |