Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1996)

From: Brock Rozen <brozen @ netvoyage . net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 19:32:54 -0800 (PST)
To: Ed Woodrick <ewoodrick @ ed-com . com>
Cc: "list-managers @ greatcircle . com" <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Sat, 27 Jan 1996, Ed Woodrick wrote:

> Here's one of the subscription replies that I got from one of the =
> listserv lists. It goes into pretty good detail of how it handles the =
> verification and the time frames that it implements. I've also tagged =
> one of their sig lines that the list adds to all messages at the bottom.
>
> The way they are setup, you pretty much have to be where your address =
> says you are from, for you to get subscribed to the list.=20

I think they have a wonderful setup. But one thing you mixed up on was
that IF you are not where they think you are, yet the message still gets
to you fine you CAN send in a NEW message with the verification code they
give you. So it could be "OK <code>" instead of just "OK"...

But you only get the code if they message actually gets to you...

 | Brock Rozen | brozen @
 netvoyage .
 net | http://www.netvoyage.net/~brozen |