Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1996)

Subject: RE: FREE 1 yr. magazine sub spam - again! :-I
From: Jack <jjflash @ pobox . com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 17:46:26 -0500
To: "Henry W. Miller" <henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi -

I just wanted to add my voice to those list managers who got this spam.
Fortunately, the one to my list got bounced to me and I haven't yet decided
what to do with it.

At 04:32 AM 1/14/96 PST, Henry W. Miller wrote:

>> From:	MX%"mhotti @
 raita .
 oulu .
 fi" 14-JAN-1996 04:14:31.75
>> Subj:	FREE 1 yr. magazine sub spam - again! :-I
>

>> On sunday morning I noticed that our two international mailing lists
>> VOCALIST and FINLANDIA had been attacked. This 'FREE 1 yr. magazine
>> subscription' spam occurred several times last year and I had to include
>> extra checks to the MD resend code so that these spams won't get to the
>> relay. So this actually didn't get to the distribution - luckily! :)

Take care,
Jack
          jjflash @
 pobox .
   http://www.pobox.com/~jjflash
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
 If I am only for myself, what am I?
 If not now, when?"
                                   - Hillel

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: FREE 1 yr. magazine sub spam - again! :-I