Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 1995)

Subject: Re: What means "Mailbox not found"?
From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 95 8:33:06 EST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Bill Silvert wrote:
>I'm getting a lot of "Mailbox not found" bounces on one of my lists,
>mostly from NOAA sites in the US.  I don't know whether this means that
>the addresses are invalid, in which case I'll delete them, or just a
>symptom of temporary network problems.  Can someone clarify this, or
>tell me what other diagnostic information to look for?

It's difficult to say what causes this. Best bet is to forward one to
postmaster @
 that .
 site with a note asking if they're aware of the problem.

Or you can summarily delete them:-}

>In general I get a lot of bounces from US government sites.  Does anyone
>else have any insights about this?

Nope. I get most of my bounces from .com sites which generally appear to be
public access providers.

                  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
                      <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil>
                http://k-whiner.pica.army.mil/info-labview.html

Indexed By Date Previous: A manual list manager !!??