Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 1995)

Subject: Re: How to Manage List When Away, Etc.
From: Linda Henneman <frugal @ best . com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 01:42:25 -0800 (PST)
To: Michelle Murrain <mpmNS @ hamp . hampshire . edu>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Michelle, thanks for the info. I've thought, too, that I could just switch
to unmoderated while on vacation, etc. so my majordomo could do the work
and warn my subscribers beforehand. I learned via private e-mail that you
don't have to give someone your login id and password, just the password
to the majordomo in order for them to run it in your absence. Think I'll
see if I can find someone who could provide me w/backup and I could do the
same for them. I probably could just have them subscribe to the list and
then they'd be alerted to any problems w/mail loops, etc. On one list I
was on I got over twenty copies each of two different messages the owner
posted to the list. He had to unsubscribe the entire almost 3,000 member
list to stop it until the ISP fixed things! Linda (frugal @
 best .
 com)