Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 1995)

Subject: Re: List Moderation and Profanity
From: agoodloe @ best . com (Amy Goodloe)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 14:20:47 -0801
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

bill @
 biome .
 bio .
 dfo .
 ca (Bill Silvert) writes:

>Have you checked the headers on the mail carefully?  The address of the
>poster normally appears there, although it may not show up when you
>display the message through some mailers.

Yes.  I use Eudora, and can choose to see full headers  -- which gives me
no more info other than what I already know: his email address.

>Are you sure that non-members cannot post?  MJ can be configured this
>way, but it is not the default.

Ok, say my list is called fun-list @
 here .
 com .
   In the config file, under
restricted post, I should just type:  fun-list   right?  to make majordomo
check the poster's address against who's in the fun-list subscriber list??

That's what I've done, but please let me know if that isn't right!!

--Amy

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: List Moderation and Profanity