Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 1995)

Subject: Help with Moderated List
From: "Dave Lampson" <lampson @ calon . com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 10:20:14 -0800 (PST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Greetings, and apologies in advance for a newbie question.

I have set up a moderated mailing list, defined a distribution list,
created an info file, editted the config file, and most things seem to be
working fine, except that I can't get anything distributed.  Subscribing
and retrieving info works, but when I try and approve a post for
distribution, it just keeps bouncing back to me.

I have tried putting the "Approved:" line in both the header of the
message (I use elm) and as the first line in the body of a message, and
I've sent it to "list" and not to "list-request", but they just keep
getting bounced back for approval.  I'm stumped, but surely I'm missing
something obvious.  I've been through the documentation thoroughly, and
can't see any problem with the procedure I'm using.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave
lampson @
 calon .

Indexed By Date Previous: What to do when list gets too big?