Subject: Protected Web Server?
From: "Milton Shomo" <mshomo1 @ priceinteractive . com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:01:35 -0500
To: "'firewalls @ greatcircle . com'" <firewalls @ greatcircle . com>

Hi gang-

I would like to get some comments on how secure the following
arrangement is:

  INTERNET- - - - -> Cisco PIX Firewall - - - - -> Web server running on NT40 and IIS 3.0

The PIX is setup to deny all inbound traffic except what I expressly allow.
The firewall is doing NAT from our Internet IPs to our private IPs.  I have created
a conduit allowing outside traffic to the Web server but only to tcp port 80.
There are no other Internet services running on the Web server box.

TIA

Milton Shomo, CNE

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: On Sendmail