Subject: Re: Checkpoint panic?
From: Walter Summonte <walter @ intesis . it>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:21:08 +0100
To: "firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM" <firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM>

Paul McNabb wrote:

> A site (not ours) was running Firewall-1 on Solaris 2.5.1.  This
> was replicated for approximiately 8 machines with everything
> identical between the machines (the disks were essentially copied).
>
> One of the machines would occasionally panic with no apparently
> relationship to the load on the machine.  We were sent a dump of
> the crash and we could see that the panic occurred in the function
> fwsynatk_gateway.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
> paul

> Paul McNabb                     Argus Systems Group, Inc.
> Vice President and CTO          1809 Woodfield Drive
> mcnabb @
 argus-systems .
 com        Savoy, IL 61874 USA
> TEL 217-355-6308
> FAX 217-355-1433                "Securing the Future"

 I don't know if is the same thing , but i have tried a VPN a two gw on
the same lan whith the same subnet and with two gw whith a one network
adapter each! when i try to encript, after a connection the two gw go in
kernel panic e shutdown (the solaris loose it's rc.x files very
dangerous !!!!!)
The problem is in the madule kernel wich don't support gw whith a unique
network adapter!!!!
Reconfigure it !!!! :)

Is it a possible bugtraq foe FW-1 ?????

--
Walter Summonte
Intesis SECURITY LAB            Phone: +39-2-671563.1