Subject: ipx and tcp/ip
From: Frank Estrada <festrada @ ecis . com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 21:30:36 -0800
To: "firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM" <firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM>

Hi y'all,
My company runs a Netware 3.12 file server, a Notes server running on NT
4.0, and an MTA server running NT 3.51.  The parent company is ready to
install a WAN system which includes 2 Cisco routers and an NT firewall
running Checkpoint's FW-1.  One Cisco router will cover their line to our
inner network along with the firewall, and the other router will filter
traffic from the Internet.  All this is transported via a T-1 line.  I'm
wondering if this configuration is adequate enough to protect us from any
infiltration.  Here is what the schematic looks like:

Parent Co.
	------------- Router 1-----Firewall------My network

					    Router 2

				Internet -----------

This setup seems a bit vulnerable to me.  Any comments would be welcomed.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Frank Estrada, Network Administrator, festrada @
 ecis .

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: FireWall for Dial-In Users -reply