Subject: FW-1 Problems?
From: "John Carter" <ncs1374 @ interpath . com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 15:40:28 -0500
To: "'Firewalls'" <firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM>
Disposition-notification-to: "John Carter" <ncs1374 @ interpath . com>

I am in the process of deciding between RAPTOR and FW-1 for my NT based
firewall.
I have already decided that the denial of all services not specifically
allowed is the way I want to go.
I am also dedicated to the NT platform.  I am not flaming FW-1.
I have been watching this list and some news services and noticed a very
large number of FW-1 problems.
I have seen almost no questions/problems associated with RAPTOR.
I understand that they are both approximately equal in distribution.
This makes me think that FW-1 has a lot more problems in implementation and
performance than RAPTOR.
I am very curious/perplexed/anxious about making the right decision.
I would like feed back about the two products.

Please let me know your experience or knowledge of the two and why you would
pick one over the other.
I searched http://www.ncsa.com/ and read what they had to say about the two
products.
It appears the information on that site was actually written by the
marketing forces of the two companies rather than an independent reviewer.

MIS Director
Albemarle Mental Health Center
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
(ncs1374 @
 interpath .
 com)
"All statements are my own and do not reflect those of AMHC"

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Firewall for ISP