Subject: Re: NT as a central intranet firewall
From: David Lang <dlang @ diginsite . com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 22:49:03 -0800 (PST)
To: Billy Verreynne <vslabs @ onwe . co . za>
Cc: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

part of the problem some people (including me) have with NT is how much
hardware it take to get decent results. Yes you can get good results if
you use a dual PII-233 with 256MB ram but if you can do the same job on a
P-166 with 64-128MB ram with a different OS why should you go with NT? yes
the graphics are nice but if this is a server that sits unless checked it
is often nicer to have a machine you can telnet into to manage.

David Lang