Subject: Re: Is OS Vulnerable w/ FW-1?
From: dietz_proepper @ sepp . de (Dietz Proepper)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 12:37:22 GMT
To: sebastien Villain <svillain @ cie-bancaire . fr>
Cc: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

On Wed, 03 Dec 1997 11:42:45 +0000, you wrote:

[...]
>In fact, Unix system should be easier to protect (remooving all servers)
>than NT (Does anyone knows all opened tcp/udp ports ? Mr Bill ???).

Whereas I agree with your opinion, the argumentation seems a little
pesky ;) My port scanner knows _very_ good which ports are listening
;) And at least a new major  or minor version (aka service pack)
will be continuousely scanned at least during the first 92 hours
before I even think about letting it to the regular tests ;)
Yes I can sometimes be quite paranoid ;) But it gives a good feeling
afterwards.

--

 dietz proepper, [software|web] designer, S.E.P.P. MED
 aka tik on irc, bladerunner on netrek

+ These are my opinions - not necessarily these
+ of my boss - but if he's cute he agrees.

From: Nicole6799 <Nicole6799 @ aol . com>
Next: Re: freeware SSH for WIn95/NT
From: Tony Iannotti <tony @ fozzie . secapl . com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Is OS Vulnerable w/ FW-1?
From: sebastien Villain <svillain @ cie-bancaire . fr>
Next: Re: Is OS Vulnerable w/ FW-1?
From: Woody Weaver <woody @ wiltelnsi . com>