Subject: Re: Is OS Vulnerable w/ FW-1?
From: sebastien Villain <svillain @ cie-bancaire . fr>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 11:42:45 +0000
To: "Stout, William" <StoutW @ pios . com>
Cc: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Stout, William wrote:

> [...]
 io .
 com]
> > Sent: Saturday, November 29, 1997, 1:52:38
> > To:   Stout, William
> > Subject:      Is OS Vulnerable w/ FW-1?
> >
> > Hello-
> >  I've heard it said that Check Point's Firewall-1 runs in such a way that
> > the OS is not vulnerable, or the Firewall is not subject to
> > vulnerabilities that exist in the operating system itself.  I'm hoping

But what happens when the Firewall Crash, or when you stop it (just to
do your logswitch for example).

In fact, Unix system should be easier to protect (remooving all servers)
than NT (Does anyone knows all opened tcp/udp ports ? Mr Bill ???).

Sebastien Villain (SEMA GROUP FRANCE)
svillain @
 cie-bancaire .
 fr