Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1997)

Subject: Re: Firewall Checklist v0.1
From: Frank Willoughby <frankw @ in . net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:04:56 -0500
To: Brian Tackett <cym @ acrux . net>
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . com

At 01:23 PM 6/19/97 -0500, Brian Tackett <cym @
 acrux .
 net> allegedly wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Bill Stout wrote:
>
>> After I created it I found Frank Willoughby been there, done that, and will
>> sell you an MS-Excel spreadsheet version of his 660-line checklist for $20
>> bucks, at http://www.fortified.com/ , and also has a free 160-line MS-Excel
>> checklist.
>
>A couple of points:
>
>1) The price listed on the website is $250, not $20

Right.  The full-blown commercial version (complete with documentation)
goes for the mere pittance of $250.  The commercial version also goes
into implementation issues (ie - avoiding "gotchas").

>2) The free version doesn't seem to be accessible via that URL.

Of course.  You have to read a word from our sponsors (our marketing
folks) to get to the checklist.  8^)

>3) The URL points also to a nonexistent FTP site :)

Belive it or not, this is by design.  We aren't really thrilled
about opening up FTP to the entire planet.  HTTP will do just
fine, thank you.

Best Regards,

Frank
The opinions of the author of this mail may not necessarily be
representative of the opinions of Fortifed Networks, Inc.

Fortified Networks, Inc. - http://www.fortified.com/
Expert (vendor-neutral) Computer and Network Security Consulting
Phone: (317) 573-0800     Fax:   (317) 573-0817

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Digital Color Printing - $0.40 per Page