Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1997)

Subject: Cisco Router
From: Thomas Mullaney <thomasm @ GateKey . Com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:45:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

I know this might not be the right place to ask this.  But we are trying
to setup an access-list with our Cisco, to prevent denial of service
attacks.  Most of the work is done, the only thing we cant get to work is
to block any 'flood pings' to/from out network.  standard ping's are ok
in/out the network, but we want to stop all flood pings at the router,
regardless of if they come from an address inside our network, or outside
from the net.

Please Help!  Thanks a bunch!

--Thomas Mullaney <thomasm @
 GateKey .

--GateKey Solutions, Incorporated

 The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion.  This
 message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of my employer,
 GateKey Solutions, Incorporated  All responsibility for the statements
 made in this message resides solely and completely with the sender.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: RAS-Server in DMZ ?