Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1997)

Subject: Re: NAT router
From: "Magossa'nyi A'rpa'd" <mag @ bunuel . tii . matav . hu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 07:30:25 +0100
To: Thierry Boivin <Thierry . Boivin @ cdc . com>
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Thierry Boivin wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a router  which could perform Network Address Translation
> INCLUDING THE SPECIAL CASE OF THE FTP PROTOCOL (where ftp data have also to
> be translated).  I just need a router, not a real firewall like PIX,
> Firewall-1,  proxy firewalls,  .... Any suggestion ?
I've used a linux box for this purpose. You need firewalling enabled in the
kernel, because IP masquerading comes below that, but no need to set
real firewalling rules.

---
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból

    From: Thierry Boivin <Thierry . Boivin @ cdc . com>
Indexed By Date Previous: Problems!!!!!
From: "Mathias Johansson" <mathias . johansson @ ctg . no>
Next: Securing a job in security industry
From: Steve Kruger <skruger @ mailbox . uq . edu . au>
Indexed By Thread Previous: NAT router
From: Thierry Boivin <Thierry . Boivin @ cdc . com>
Next: Re: NAT router