Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1997)

Subject: Radius with some enhancements...
From: "Francisco Lopez (Infovia)" <flopez @ iv1 . infovia . com . gt>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:41:26 -0600 (CST)
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi to all...
first I want to thank the people who kindly gave me some answers in
regards to my Checkpoint v.2.1 set-up.
Secondly, I am currently setting up a radius server V.1.16 (with
Livingston Equipment..., I contacted these guys already but have not gotten
any response yet) and there are a couple of things this version of radius
does not do, such as:
1. control of the sessions allowed for a client
2. reject/accept clients discretionary (i.e. one group of clients should
only have access to a set of portmasters and the rest of portmasters
should be accessible for the other group of remaining clients).
3. accumulation of time being used by a client (it just collects time
per session but there is not a total per sessions...)

I am looking for a way so that this can be handled using just one radius
server (by the way, this will be set up on a Linux slackware 2.0.18).
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Francisco Lopez
IIDS